1959 Gibson GARY MOORE Les Paul Collectors Choice #1 Melvyn Franks CC1 '59 Reissue VOS- Peter Green Greeny!
2010 Gibson CC1 Gary Moore Melvyn Franks! HOLD...Super clean Collector's Choice #1 VOS Greeny from 2010. The original version! These early CC's are really great and sought after. These don't...
2010 Gibson CC1 Gary Moore Melvyn Franks!
HOLD...Super clean Collector's Choice #1 VOS Greeny from 2010. The original version! These early CC's are really great and sought after. These don't show up very often because they are a must-have for many collectors. This one has a beautiful flametop. The guitar is all original with no issues. Other than a couple of small marks on the back, the guitar is near mint. One very light indentation and a very small mark as shown in the photos. The guitar was just setup and is playing great. Sounds excellent. Comes with the original case, COA, paperwork as shown.The Collector's Choice™ #1 1959 Les Paul Standard
While any 1958-60 Les Paul Standard is a rare and desirable guitar today, those played by major artists are even more highly prized. Given its history, the 1959 Les Paul Standard formerly owned by Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore—and represented in every minutiae by the Collector's Choice™ #1 1959 Les Paul Standard—is, for many players and collectors, the Holy Grail of Les Pauls. Not only is it a stunning original example with a highly figured top and a beautiful, faded "unburst" finish, it's a guitar with a fascinating configuration, with the wiring and orientation of the neck pickup reversed to create a unique "out of phase" middle position tone. Moore purchased the guitar in the mid-'70s and played it on recordings with Thin Lizzy, including "Still in Love with You" and "Waiting for an Alibi," and afterward, as a solo artist, before retiring the '59 Les Paul and eventually selling it to British-born guitar collector Melvyn Franks in 2006. Features
- 2-piece figured maple top
- Butterscotch nitrocellulose finish
- Historically accurate body top binding
- 1-piece solid mahogany back
- Non-chambered body
- Deep-set long neck tenon
- Mahogany neck
- 24-3/4" scale
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Historically accurate '59 rounded neck profile
- 17-degree back-angled headstock
- 1.687" nut width
- 22 frets
- 12" radius
- Nicke Sperzel tuners
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic nickel-plated bridge
- Nickel-plated aluminum stopbar
- Historically accurate
- BurstBucker 2 bridge humbucker
- Burstbucker 3 neck pickup, wired for out-of-phase tone when both pickup selected
- Missing silver inserts on the top two tophat control knobs
- Reversed neck pickups (with adjustable pole pieces facing the bridge)
- Vintage 3-way pickup toggle switch with vintage toggle cap
- 1/4" Switchcraft output jack
- Gibson PLEK system
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Fast WORLDWIDE Shipping Available! Please contact us for more details.
For additional photos, please check out our website!
Thanks from KC Vintage Guitars!