1955 Fender Custom Shop MASTERBUILT '55 Stratocaster Todd Krause - Sunburst, Maple Neck Strat!
2005 Fender Masterbuilt '55 Strat by Todd Krause! Here is a minty Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt by Todd Krause. It's super lightweight at 7.7 lbs and really plays great! It...
2005 Fender Masterbuilt '55 Strat by Todd Krause!
Here is a minty Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt by Todd Krause. It's super lightweight at 7.7 lbs and really plays great! It was made in 2005 and was purchased by the original owner at Sweetwater. It's in a very cool factory relic 2-tone Sunburst finish. The guitar appears to be nearly unplayed and there is little to no fretwear. The guitar is all-original and the electronics are untouched. The guitar comes with the original hardshell case, COA, and all the paperwork/extras as shown.
Below is the description from Sweetwater back in 2005-2006.
Own One of Only 100 Masterbuilt 1955 Stratocasters!
The Fender Custom Shop has been building dream guitars for the cream of the guitar crop for nearly 20 years. From faithful reproductions of classic axes of the past to fully tweaked customs built to an individual's personal specifications, few instruments command the level of respect afforded Fender Custom Shop models. There are degrees of Fender Custom Shop models: Stock Team-built and Team-built Custom. A select few instruments are handbuilt by the Master Luthiers, the same luthiers that build custom instruments for the likes of Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, and Merle Haggard. Now the Fender Custom Shop introduces a Master-built limited run of 100 stunning 1955 Stratocaster Relic 2TSB LTD guitars.
Fender 1955 Stratocaster Relic 2TSB LTD at a Glance:
- Custom Shop Limited Edition, Masterbuilt Strat with premium ash body
- One-piece, 1955-shape maple neck with maple fingerboard
- Custom Shop Fat '50s Pickups
- Relic Treatment
Masterbuilt Strat with Premium Ash Body
The Fender 1955 Stratocaster Relic 2TSB LTDT is a Custom Shop Masterbuilt guitar with a comfort-contoured premium ash body with a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. The body is made of ash, a bright wood with a clear, tight focus. Players such as Keith Richards, Eddie Van Halen, and Roy Buchanan use ash body guitars. Ash has a quick attack, great rock rhythm sounds, and the ever popular country twang. Other features include a single-ply parchment pickguard, nickel/chrome hardware, Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuning machines, American Vintage synchronized tremolo with an "ashtray" bridge cover, vintage tweed case, and a limited edition certificate.
1955 "C" Shape Neck
Contributing to that clean, bright tonality is a one-piece, 1955-shape maple neck with a 9.5"-radius. Providing that "poppy" Fender tone we all know and love, is a maple fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets. The neck of the 1955 Stratocaster Relic 2TSB LTDT also features a bone nut.
Custom Shop Fat '50s Pickups
The Custom Shop Fat '50s pickups are considered by most long-time Strat-lovers as the best Fender pickups available. With Fat 50s, you can have classic rock, gritty blues, and that sparkily clean Strat tone with just about any amp you put it through. These calibrated pickups are constructed with hand beveled, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the coils. The middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in positions 2 & 4 of the 5-position blade switch pickup selector.
The instrument has been given Fender's "Relic" treatment. What separates the Relics from the Closet Classic series is that the Relics are made to look, play, and feel as though you found your main axe years back and still gig with it to this day. Relic treatment is what allows the Masterbuilt 1955 Stratocaster Relic 2TSB LTD to show years of natural wear via tear-nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware, and aged plastic parts. Since it's a limited run, you won't see this guitar everywhere you go. If you're of a mind to, you could easily give people the impression that you've got an original pre-CBS 1955 Stratocaster (don't worry, your secret is safe with us).
Fender 1955 Stratocaster Relic 2TSB LTD Unique Features
- 1955-shape Maple Neck
- Bone nut
- Limited run of 100
Fender 1955 Stratocaster Relic 2TSB LTD Features:
- The 1955 Stratocaster Relic 2TSB LTD is a solid body electric guitar with ash body, maple neck, and single-coil pickups.
- Limited run of 100, Master-built
- Series: Custom Shop Limited Edition Series
- Color: 2-color Sunburst (336), (nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Body: Comfort-contoured premium ash body
- Neck: 1-piece maple, 1955 medium back-shape (nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" radius (241mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 medium jumbo frets
- Pickups: 3 Custom-wound Fat '50s Strat single-coil pickups; middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in switch positions 2 and 4
- Master Volume,
- Tone 1. (neck pickup),
- Tone 2. (bridge/middle pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-position blade:
- Position 1. Bridge pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and middle pickup
- Position 3. Middle pickup
- Position 4. Middle and neck pickup
- Position 5. Neck pickup
- Bridge: American Vintage synchronized tremolo with "ash tray" bridge cover
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuning machines
- Hardware: Nickel/chrome
- Pickguard: 1-ply parchment, (8-hole)
- Scale Length - 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut - 1.650" (42 mm)
- Strings: Fender standard tension ST250R, nickel-plated steel, gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Accessories: Strap, cable, limited edition certificate
- Case: Deluxe limited edition black hardshell case with black crushed velvet interior and embroidered Limited Edition logo
Weight: 7.7 lbs.
Fast WORLDWIDE Shipping Available! Please contact us for more details.